Tuesday, November 02, 2010

Atlanta Family History Expo

So I realized yesterday that our office is closed on November 12th for Veteran's Day/Marine Corps Birthday (the lawyer I work for is a retired Marine Corps Lieutenant Colonel).  When I got home, I opened my Google Reader to check for recent posts to blogs that I follow.  On DearMYRTLE's Genealogy Blog, there was a post about the Family History Expo in Atlanta that weekend.  I had totally forgotten about it!

I've never been to a Genealogy Expo before, so I thought ... "why not?"

I bit the bullet and went ahead and signed up before I got distracted by something shiny.  Two full days of hanging around with people who don't get that glazed-over look when you talk about your family history?  Sounds like heaven to me!

Now I'm going to go read Myrtle's blog post again so I can figure out the right way to Twitter while I'm at the conference.  Apologies in advance if my tweets are discombobulated!  In any case, I'll hopefully have time to blog while I'm there.

If anyone has any helpful hints about what to take with me (or what not to take), what to look for, etc., please let me know.  I appreciate any insight I can get!

0 comments:

Post a Comment