Saturday, January 15, 2011

Saturday Night Genealogy Fun - Ancestor Roulette

It's Saturday night, and Randy Seaver at Genea-Musings gave us the following mission (which I have chosen to accept):

1) How old is one of your grandfathers now, or how old would he be if he had lived? Divide this number by 4 and round the number off to a whole number. This is your "roulette number."

I chose my paternal grandfather, since he is still living.  He is 89 years old.  89 divided by 4 is 22.25, which I rounded down to 22.


2) Use your pedigree charts or your family tree genealogy software program to find the person with that number in your ancestral name list (some people call it an "ahnentafel"). Who is that person?

That person is my great great grandfather, Joseph E. Huber.

 3) Tell us three facts about that person in your ancestral name list with the "roulette number."

  • He was born in McGregor, Clayton Co., Iowa on 22 Feb 1867.
  • He died in Los Angeles, California at 7:00 p.m. on 29 Oct 1930 after an 8-month battle with prostate cancer, and is buried at Sigel Cemetery in Yankton, South Dakota.
  • He married Emma T. Rothmeyer on 9 Oct 1892 and the couple had 8 children: Clara Rose, Anna Christina (my great grandmother), Ellanora B. (died at 4 months), Martha Mabel, Joseph Peter, Mildred T., Alice Agnes, and Paul M.

Note: not sure if anyone else's Blogger is acting hinky ... it took me 3 tries to finally get all the text to show up in my preview ... and had to retype twice!

0 comments:

Post a Comment