Wednesday, March 09, 2011

Visiting Living Relatives

You may have noticed that I haven't posted anything to my blog recently.  I've been so busy trying to get everything done at work and school before spring break - in preparation for my vacation - that I simply haven't had time to do much else.

I drove up to Fredericksburg to see my  mom and we've had such a good time so far.  I gave her a Wii and a Wii Fit for her birthday and we've been having a blast with that!  We've also been doing dorky things like bird watching in her back yard (it's harder than I thought to identify birds that you can't really see up close!) but yes ... there's an app for that ... and I downloaded it onto my handy-dandy iPad.

We're headed to the National Archives tomorrow to do some serious research, and I'm hoping to get my mom as excited about our genealogy as I am ... in all actuality, she may run screaming from the Archives (but I probably won't notice!)

Now I'm off to see if I can find a battery charger for my digital camera in the next few hours, because of all the things I could have forgotten to pack, that one was probably important.  I did remember to pack the iPad, my FlipPal (thanks mom!) with extra batteries, and my portable hard drive to use with my laptop.

Enjoy the rest of the week, and I'll post my NARA results soon!

0 comments:

Post a Comment