Friday, June 10, 2011

Genealogy Success Team - Week Three

Editorial note: In preparation of my Team meetings, I usually start a blank post on Friday so I can remember to post my updates.  When I do that, I set it for a date in the future so I don't accidentally have a blank post.  I just realized that I never changed the date on this one from July 4 to June 4.  Problem solved ... and before my next Team meeting ... whew!


I'm totally digging the Success Team right now.  I'm getting more done (as opposed to just started) than I ever thought possible.  Here is an update on last week's goals:

  1. Fully transfer at least 5 people from FTM to RM4 (with corresponding hard file).
  2. Fully update at least 1 WikiTree profile. (See my blog post here for the reason behind this)
  3. Blog at least once this week (I'm going to start saying "other than my Success Team update post").
  4. Now that I know their hours, visit the Family History Library to ask about their process, what collections they have, etc. so I can get organized before I start researching there.
I was able to transfer 8 people from FTM to RM4.  I transferred the 5 I needed to reach my goal, then I realized I only had 3 more to transfer before I could say that my entire direct line had been moved.  So I did it.  Wheee!

I bought a book on HTML ... "Creating Web Pages for Dummies."  Okay, I haven't had time to read it yet, but I updated my great grandmother's wiki anyway and made it all HTML-ified (using the basic codes provided in the help section of WikiTree).  It looks awesome, if I do say so myself.  My cousins have posted photos and updated information on a bunch of the profiles on WikiTree and it's really turning into something special.  I'm very excited.

I did manage to blog more than once.  Three times, actually.

I never made it to the Family History Library before my Team meeting.  They are only open on Tuesday and Wednesday evenings 7-9 p.m. and on Saturdays from 10-2.  I ended up working until 9 p.m. on Tuesday and had a massive sinus attack on Wednesday, which prevented me from going.  That goal is carried over to next week.

Now ... before I go into this week's goals, keep in mind that school starts back on Monday and I am taking my absolute last class.  I'm only taking one class, but it's college algebra.  So, (compared to prior weeks) my goals may seem a little timid.  Here they are:
  1. Go to the FHL.
  2. Transfer 5 peripheral people from FTM to RM4.
  3. Enter sources for Lucile Stiker's biography on my website.
  4. Blog more than once.
I feel pretty good about these goals.  I think even with my heavier schedule, they are quite attainable.  I will keep you posted!

0 comments:

Post a Comment