Sunday, July 10, 2011

Genealogy Success Team - Week 8



When we first began our Success Team, I had high hopes, sure ... but I never thought it would help me keep my in-basket under control!  I suppose keeping my focus on my goals has either (1) kept me from filling my in-basket with stuff that I've collected during my GeneaADD-frenzied searches, or (2) given me more time to deal with the stuff that in the in-basket.  Either way ... I'd call it winning!


Here are my goals from last week:

  1. Read at least 2 back issues of Casefile Clues.
  2. Add at least 10 new links to my website.  
  3. Add more web resources to research checklist (as appropriate) from my ongoing list.
  4. Do a Footnote.com lookup for Laura's ancestor.
  5. Blog more than once.

Here are my results:

  1. I did better than 2 ... I read 3!
  2. I added about 20 new links to my website.  Of course, I also added about 10 more to my "pending" list ... 
  3. I added 3-4 sites to my research checklist that weren't already there.
  4. I did the lookup for Laura's ancestor.  Very interesting, that one.
  5. I actually had 5 blog posts last week.  I think that might be a record for me.
I had a list of goals for this week that was made with the presumption that I would be flying out to the west coast for my grampa's funeral*, but circumstances prevent me from going at this time. So, I had to come up with a new list of goals:
  1. Read 2 Casefile Clues.
  2. Blog more than once.
  3. Respond to the request for additional information from NARA re: military records.
  4. Order copies of Land Entry files from National Archives for Joseph Zenophile Lanctot and Philippe Lanctot.
  5. Request death certificate for Elizabeth Bourke Lanctot.
GO TEAM!  





*I would like to extend my most sincere thanks to all of you who have kept me and my family in your thoughts during this difficult time.  Each and every message meant a great deal to me, and made me proud to be a member of this fine community.

0 comments:

Post a Comment