Sunday, September 04, 2011

Now I just have a bigger to-do list!



Well, I got back from vacation last night and now I really have my work cut out for me!  I spent the entire week with my family in Portland, Oregon.  I was able to spend some real quality time with my Gramma and my uncle, and we had some good talks.  We laughed, we cried.  I scanned the equivalent of about 5 photo albums and scrapbooks and have a few hours of recorded conversations with her and with Aunt Marie (my late grandfather's sister), who will be celebrating her 96th birthday tomorrow.


We had a barbecue at my aunt's house (who is an excellent hostess!) with all of her kids and their kids.  You want good photos of the kids being kids?  Give them a camera and let them take the photos!  Another aunt and uncle had a grown-up dinner at their house, which was amazing (and I'm totally envious of their vegetable garden ... and their ability to grow things in general).  I got to see almost everyone ... except one cousin and one uncle.  We even went to see my Grampa at the cemetery since I couldn't be there for the funeral.  That was a sad time.


I will be posting some of the photos and other goodies in the near future ... as soon as I match up the faces with names.  No easy task when you have over 500 photos to go through.  So, if I don't surface again in a few days, you might consider sending out a search party.  They will probably be looking for a middle-aged female in a fetal position on the floor under the desk.

0 comments:

Post a Comment