Friday, December 30, 2011

Happy Bacon Day!

We interrupt our normal genealogical programming to bring you this very important message:

HAPPY BACON DAY!
Some of you may or may not know that I am a fan of bacon.  Okay, I love bacon.  Yes, it's not the healthiest food item on the menu, but it's SO ... DARN ... YUMMY!  (It actually ranks right up there with real butter ... but I digress, this is about the bacon).

My mom always teased me and my siblings and said that we would eat just about anything if it was wrapped in bacon.  She is probably right.  What isn't better with bacon?  Green beans?  Better.  Oysters?  Better.  Filet Mignon?  Duh.  

There are even conventions for bacon!  And now ... BACON DAY!  I'm in heaven!

I was recently in Nashville and visited a little hole-in-the-wall cafe.  Attached to this little cafe was a gift shop where you could buy some of the jams, jellies, and other treats they served.  I bought this shirt, which pretty much sums up my feelings about bacon:

Bacon even helps heal your boo-boos:
Obviously, bacon has permeated pretty much every part of my life.  So ... Happy Bacon Day!  I'm gonna go have some right now.

1 comments:

Greta Koehl said...

You must be my doppelgänger, Jenny. Because bacon rules in my book.

Post a Comment