Monday, April 02, 2012

Motivation Monday - 3rd Month Goal Update

So here we are, a quarter of the way into this year.  Let's see how I'm doing on my goals.


1. Obtain the addresses, birth dates, and anniversary dates for all of my first cousins on both sides of my family … and names and birth dates of spouses and children. Oh and all my half siblings’ spouses and kids too.
Still working on this one.  I never realized how hard it is to get people to respond.  I don't get it.

2. Attend at least five (5) Scanfests (or equivalent) this year - and actually scan stuff.
March Scanfest got canceled, so I guess I'll shoot for April.  I will have to go to at least every other month's Scanfest for the rest of the year to meet my goal.  And I know August is already out (see #4).

3. Scan and label at least 15 photos and/or negatives each week, or until they are done, whichever happens first.
I didn't scan one single photo or negative this month.  Oh wait.  I did scan 2 photo postcards for a blog post.

4. Attend at least two (2) genealogy conferences.
I have confirmed that I will be attending FGS in Birmingham this year (woohoo!). Also planning on attending the Family History Expo in Atlanta in November.

5. Give at least two (2) presentations to my genealogical society.
Still trying to decide on my 2nd topic, and when I will present it.

6. Index at least 200 records per month at FamilySearch Indexing.
Well, I indexed 50 records this month.  I fully intend to make up for all of my shortcomings on April 2.
7. Add at least five (5) individual ancestor stories to my website.
Added one ancestor this month: Charles C. Crowe.

8. Blog at least twice per week.
I have a total of 14 blog posts for the month of March.  Goal met!

9. Finish reading Greenwood's "The Researcher's Guide to American Genealogy."
I finished chapter 15 this month, but the SL Book Club won't review that chapter until later in April.

10. Add at least three (3) website links per week to my online toolbox.
I have managed to keep the "pending" folder relatively cleaned out.  I have added links from some webinars I've taken in the past several weeks.  There are a few still in there from a recent webinar, but I expect to get those done this week.

Hmm.  Not exactly noteworthy, but at least it's still forward-moving, right?  I can't make any promises for April because of the 1940 census, but hopefully by the end of the month, I will have found everyone I needed to find and can get back to focusing on my goals.



Do we share any ancestors? 

Please email me at lostancestors [at] gmail [dot] com

0 comments:

Post a Comment