Tuesday, July 24, 2012

G is for ... GENEABUDDY!

Special thanks to Alona at Gould Genealogy for coming up with the Family History Through the Alphabet challenge!


G is for ... GENEABUDDY!


That's right.  My geneabuddy is as much a part of my family history as any of my ancestors.  I don't know about anyone else, but I can't spell "family history" without L-A-U-R-A.  Several of my previous blog posts go on and on (and on and on and on, I'm sure) about how awesome my Geneabuddy is.  I know for a fact that my research would not have progressed as much as it has (or been as fun to do) without my Geneabuddy, Laura.  Her blog can be found here.


We call it our "Success Team."  We meet by telephone every Saturday morning and go over how we did on our goals for the previous week, and set our goals for the following week.  There have been times when one of us has had to play the reality card for the other, which resulted in an adjustment to the list of goals for the week.  There have even been times when one or the other of us is just burned out (or, in my case, lazy) about the whole thing, and the other just has to play the butt-kicking card.  It's all about keeping it real.


One of the best things about having a Geneabuddy is that you have someone with whom you can share your frustrations and your victories (without the constant eye-rolling and feigned interest that usually follows any mention of genealogy around friends and family members)!


It's good to have someone in your life who can help keep you focused, keep you grounded, and - most of all - keep it fun!


If you'd like to know more, my prior posts about Success Team can be found here.




Do we share any ancestors?
Please email me at lostancestors [at] gmail [dot] com

0 comments:

Post a Comment